Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Upcoming Trips

We are SO excited about our upcoming trips! In a few weeks, we are going to Hilton Head Island with my (Ellen's) family for a week. My family goes here every year and we have our usual favorite spots - Red Fish, Salty Dog, and of course the beach! Although, I must be honest. I don't get in the ocean. Sad I know. But I am VERY afraid of what is out there. I was stung by a jellyfish when I was a child and since then I have seen every scary ocean movie out there so I am officially terrified of sharks. So needless to say, I keep my distance. I will put my feet in, but that's about it. Hopefully that'll change once we have kids. I would hate to pass down my "issues" like that to our children. YIKES!

Anyway, back to the trip. We are very excited about HHI this year, but also nervous at the same time. This will be the first time we are leaving Penny and we are very sad about it. In fact, I'm not sure who will be more sad - Penny or us. We have hired a girl from the vet to come and stay with her at our house for the week. She is a very sweet girl and obviously loves dogs, but it is SO hard to leave your baby for the first time. And for a week nonetheless.

Naturally, I have typed up a 2 page list of "things to know about Penny" for her. Naturally.

Now onto our next trip for 2010. Toward the end of June, one of our best friends, Miss Chelsea C., will be getting hitched in St. Simons. SUCH a fun destination wedding! She will no doubt make a beautiful bride. All of my best college friends (The Fab 5) will be there. Some with husbands. Some with babies. Crazy times.

Next trip is another wedding. Obviously it is wedding season. My cousin, Miss Anna N., is the next to get hitched. She is marrying the most wonderful guy (besides Brian of course) and we couldn't be happier for her. Their wedding is in July in Augusta, Georgia. Oh and I am bridesmaid in both weddings YIKES!

And our final trip for 2010 (thank goodness b/c I am getting tired just thinking about the packing and unpacking!) will be to St. Thomas with my family!!! We are taking the week of Thanksgiving and going to this gorgeous island. My parents have rented a villa for the 5 of us (mom, dad, sister, B, and me). I am SO excited to go somewhere exotic and far away!!!
patio view from villa :)

So obviously, I will be doing a LOT of packing and unpacking over the next few months. I LOVE to travel, but I am not a fan of packing and unpacking. I dread it with each trip. I feel prepared for our upcoming trips, there are just 2 things that I think I'll need to purchase between now and then...
We have a fabulous digital camera, but it's just not "cutting it" anymore. It's great if the subject is sitting completely still and is willing to hold the pose for 3-5 seconds. We are in need of a nice Digital SLR, especially now that we have Penny and you gotta know the girl will not hold a pose for 3-5 seconds. And then for when we have children, it will definitely come in handy. Brian really wants a DSLR for St. Thomas.
I, like every girl, have 42301 bathing suits. But alas, it is never enough. I am on the hunt for a cute new bathing suit for my 2010 summer wardrobe. This year I am wanting a ruffle bandeau. So I'm keeping my eyes out for one!

No comments:

Post a Comment