Monday, December 6, 2010

St. Thomas

My family (mom, dad, sister) and Brian & I decided to spend Thanksgiving in St. Thomas this year! It was beautiful and wonderful. I LOVE to vacation with my family because they have the same "vacation style" that I do--> we like to lay out on the beach ALL day, eat out for almost every meal, watch movies while eating dessert on the sofa, and play board games. We throw in an occasional site-seeing something or other, but for the most part we are all low-key.

arriving in St. Thomas

St. Thomas was GORGEOUS! Brian and I have been to our share of tropical locations (St. Lucia for our honeymoon, Punta Cana for our 1.5 year anniversary trip, and we have also gone on separate cruises to Jamaica, Bahamas, Cocoa Beach, St. Maarten, and St. Croix) in the past. Each island has something different to offer but really in the end they all have white sand and clear waters. Don't worry about ever taking me on a skiing trip or to a cabin in the mountains... just take me to an island, really anything that starts with "St." and I'm set.
view from our condo
our condo

We truly ate our way through the island... we ate at Havana Blue one night which was featured in Gourmet magazine. It was such a cool atmosphere, very posh with blue lighting, on the ocean, all open air, candlelight, awesome bar (although I didn't partake), and amazing food. On Thanksgiving night we ate at Banana Tree Grille. Brian and my mom opted for the traditional Thanksgiving food (turkey, stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, sauteed squash, etc) but I got filet and fried onion strings (I blame all my random food choices on the baby). We ate dinner at Room with a View and had the BEST waiter who kept us laughing all night long. I could truly talk about food for 5 more paragraphs, but I'll end it there.
Banana Tree Grille
Havana Blue

We spent our days on the most beautiful beaches you can imagine. Magens Bay is rated top 10 beaches in the world so of course we had to check that out. We spent a day each at Coki Point Beach, Morning Star, and Magens Bay. While at Coki Point Beach, we went snorkeling out in the ocean where we saw rocky reef and beautiful fish we could feed. We took a ferry over to St. John for a day and hung out at Trunk Bay. The waves were HUGE - Brian and I took full advantage of the body surfing of course. Baby Hake loved it!

This was an AWESOME trip! Brian and I are SO grateful to my parents for taking us. This was our last little getaway before Baby Hake arrives. I have a feeling our family trips will be a bit more like Disney World than St. Thomas in the near future :)



No comments:

Post a Comment