Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Okay, okay... my 2nd graders aren't so bad

On January 31 (my 27th bday), my 2nd grade students and moms threw me a surprise baby shower. It was SO very sweet and thoughtful. I walked into my classroom, all the lights were out, and they yelled "Surprise!" as they all took pictures of me. Embarrassing for sure.

They had decorated my classroom with baby decor and served yummy snacks. They had all gone in on purchasing Baby Hake's high chair and diapers. Then, some of my students gave me individual gifts too!
The students made me a scrapbook where they wrote "My parenting advice for Mrs. Hake is..." For example, Cody wrote, "My parenting advice for Mrs. Hake is to not buy the cheap diapers." Haha. These kids are priceless.

Although I do complain every now and then about how tired these kids make me and how stressed I am, I truly am blessed by my students and moms! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment